A MESSAGE TO OUR CUSTOMERS CONCERNING CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
Pest Extermination Mandated as an Essential Service
At Pest Authority, the safety and health of our customers and team is first and foremost in our minds. Part of this is being able allow you to enjoy a “pest-free” home or business – especially during these uncertain times. We want to assure you that we are currently 100% operational with no limitations in delivering our service. The U.S. Department of Homeland Security has mandated pest extermination (including mosquito control) as an “essential service”, allowing caring for you and your family to remain our top priority.
No-Contact Visits Ensure the Health & Well Being of Your Family
Pest Authority has always provided an Environmentally Responsible way to keep your home or business Pest Free at an extremely Affordable Price. Our Barrier 360 treatment stops pests in their tracks before they have the chance to invade your home or business. This exterior treatment establishes a pest-proof barrier around the perimeter of your home and prevents pests from coming inside. Hence, another benefit to our Barrier 360 Service is that we now can provide you peace of mind with “no-contact” visits. We take care of the pests, so you can enjoy your home. Remember, Pest Authority = No Contracts. No Commitments. No Pests. Guaranteed. And now No-Contact Visits.
We’re Taking Extra Measures to Safeguard Everyone’s Health and Safety
We have altered some of our normal protocol to ensure the health and safety of our clients and our Specialists. Here’s what you can expect from us:
- Specialists will make sure to clean their hands between visits.
- Specialists will avoid shaking hands with customers.
- Specialists will keep a minimum distance of six feet from you to avoid the risk of infection.
What our associates will do to help protect others, as recommended by the CDC:
- Cover their mouth and nose with a tissue when they cough or sneeze or use the inside of their elbow.
- Throw used tissues in the trash.
- Immediately wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, clean their hands with a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
- If surfaces are dirty, clean them: Use detergent or soap and water prior to disinfection.
- Stay home when we are sick, except to get medical care.
Please note, there is no evidence that neither pests nor mosquitoes carry or transmit COVID-19.
For further information about COVID-19 (coronavirus), please visit CDC.gov.
Safe Social Distancing During COVID-19
We have asked our Specialists – for their health and for yours – to make sure that they remain at a safe distance from all our clients. It’s been tough on them, as they’re used to saying “hi” and visiting when they are in your yard, but we’re asking them to comply with CDC recommendations to stay at least six feet from others during this COVID-19 outbreak.
Please don’t think they are being rude if they maintain that distance! We want to make sure their families, as well as our Pest Authority families, remain healthy.
Since our Barrier 360 Service allows us to establish a pest-proof barrier around your home without entering your home, we can easily adhere to recommendations for keeping a proper social distance. However, a few of our pest control services (termites, wildlife, bed bugs, etc.) may require an inside service. In these cases, we will discuss the options with you prior to providing the service.
For Outside Services (Mosquito and/or Barrier360) You may observe your Specialist:
- Working from the back of the truck to prepare their equipment
- Treating the outside foundation of your home
- Treating the Treating non-blooming trees and shrubs on your property
- Walking around your home and property to look for and address areas of standing water, which could be potential mosquito breeding grounds (for mosquito control)
- Applying tick control treatment (if applicable)
- Approaching your front door to leave a treatment completion card
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to your local office. Since our Specialists are asked to observe the 6-ft social distancing recommendations, they will not be expecting you to come to the door when they leave the treatment card. For more information on proper Social Distancing, please refer to CDC.gov.