Anyone who’s tried to handle an ant infestation on their own knows how persistent ants can be. They’re highly social creatures who work as a team to systematically locate food and bring it back to their colony. If you see one ant crawling around your home, there’s more where that came from.
Pest Authority of Barnesville and Thomaston’s revolutionary Barrier 360 treatment will stop ant infestations in their tracks. This exterior treatment keeps ants outside by establishing an ant-proof barrier around your home. If they do find their way in, our pest control experts will perform interior treatments at no extra charge. Barrier 360 covers most ants, but fire ants and carpenter ants require custom treatment.
Our methods are backed by science and years of experience. Take back your home from pests with Barrier 360 from Pest Authority. No Contracts. No Commitments. No Ants. Guaranteed.
Ant Prevention Tips:
- Make sure any garbage cans inside and outside your home have tight-fitting lids, and always replace the lid after use.
- Store all of the food that’s not in your freezer or refrigerator in tightly sealed containers.
- Create a border around your home made of gravel or stone to discourage ants from building nests.
- Clean up any spills, crumbs, or food promptly.
- Avoid leaving waste in sinks or on counters.
- Ants often have a central colony with multiple satellite colonies nearby.
- To survive the winter, ants living in cooler climates enter a state of dormancy called diapause.
- Some ants can lay up to 800 eggs a day.
- Over 1,000 species of ants live in North America, and there are over 12,000 species of ants living around the world.
- Ants are able to follow each other’s path because of a pheromone trail they leave behind.
- The colonies that ants live in have strict social structures. Every ant belongs to a certain caste: worker ants forage for food, queen ants lay eggs, and swarmers are tasked with starting new colonies.
- Queen ants can live for decades, and some have been known to live for 30 years or more.