After almost complete elimination from the United States in the mid-20th century, bed bugs have experienced a resurgence in the last couple of decades. Bed bug infestations are tough to detect and usually aren’t found until it’s a serious problem. This can make any home feel unsafe and uncomfortable.
Bed bugs are flat, oval-shaped, about the size of an apple seed, and typically brown or brownish-red in color. They are usually found to inhabit bed linens, mattresses, headboards, or furniture or fixtures next to your bed. It’s not common, but you can also find them in cracks along your baseboards or walls. Bed bugs like to stow away in your luggage after traveling, and most infestations start when you unintentionally bring them home after trips or vacations. It might not be until weeks later that you realize you have a full-on infestation.
Pest Authority of the Golden Isles is here to help with any bed bug infestation that might occur in your Brunswick, St. Mary’s, or St. Simons Island, Georgia home. We will tailor design a treatment plan specific to your home, depending on the level of infestation. Once the infestation is gone for good, we can then work on a treatment plan to help prevent bed bug infestations in the future. We will help you take back your St. Mary’s, Georgia home, so you never have to worry about bed bug infestations ever again. No Commitments. No Long Term Contracts. No Bed Bugs. Guaranteed.
Signs of a Bed Bug Infestation:
- After a night’s sleep, itchy, red bites appear on your skin in a straight line or zig-zag pattern.
- Small fecal stains or blood spots might appear on your pajamas, mattress, or bed linens
- You recognize flat, oval-shaped bugs in your home that are brown or brownish red in color.
Bed Bug Prevention Tips:
- Check hotel reviews for any mention of bed bugs before traveling.
- Carefully inspect the hotel bed linens, mattress, headboard, and bed frame for any signs of bed bugs when you arrive.
- Keep your luggage on a luggage rack instead of on the ground.
- Avoid storing any clothes or belongings in the hotel dresser or bedside tables.
- At home, wash your bedding regularly.
- Put items that can’t be machine washed in the dryer for 20-30 minutes on the highest heat to kill bed bugs and their eggs.