You know it’s officially spring in Tennessee once you start seeing ants crawling all over the place. Ant infestations can be extremely hard to control, because you not only have to eliminate the ants that are currently present in your home, but you have to make sure more ants can’t follow the pheromone trail left behind by their colony-mates. Without the proper training and expertise, you might find yourself dealing with ant infestation after ant infestation all spring and summer long.
Ants can locate food sources from surprisingly far away, and they’ll do just about anything to bring it back to their colony. Ant infestations are so common in the Nashville, Tennessee area that we recommend taking a proactive approach and preventing ants from getting into your home or business in the first place.
Pest Authority of Nashville offers a revolutionary treatment called Barrier 360. Barrier 360 is applied around the exterior of your home or business, and it creates an ant-proof barrier that stops ants from being able to get inside to start an infestation.
Barrier 360 isn’t your average pest control treatment. Instead of just protecting you from ants, Barrier 360 also protects you from 12 other common pest infestations – all with the same treatment. It’s one of the most cost-effective ways to keep your home or business safe from pest infestations. Though Barrier 360 works for most kinds of ants, fire ants and carpenter ants may require specialized treatment.
If ants or any of the other 12 pests that Barrier 360 covers do get inside in between treatments, we’ll return to your property to reassess and retreat at no extra charge. We believe that customer service always comes first, and our 100% satisfaction guarantee means that we don’t stop until your pest problem is solved.
We’re proud to provide our neighbors in the Nashville, Brentwood, and Dickson, Tennessee greater areas with the highest quality pest control services available. No Contracts. No Commitments. No Ants. Guaranteed.
Ant Prevention Tips:
- Check that all interior and exterior trash cans have tight-fitting lids.
- Keep all food either in the refrigerator or in sealed glass or plastic containers.
- Make a stone or gravel border all the way around your home’s foundation to discourage ant nest building.
- Always clean up spills immediately.
- Clear away all crumbs and dirty dishes from sinks and counters after meals.
- Ant societies are centered around a large colony with multiple satellite colonies nearby.
- Ants enter a state of dormancy in order to survive cold winters.
- Ants can lay up to 800 eggs in a single day.
- Over 1,000 ant species exist in North America alone, and over 12,000 species exist around the world.
- Ants leave behind a trail of pheromones that guides other ants to food sources.
- Ant colonies operate based on a stringent social structure where every ant belongs to a specific order and performs certain duties: worker ants find food, queen ants lay eggs, and swarmer’s start new colonies.
- In some cases, queen ants have lived up to 30 years.