Cockroaches are one of the most resilient and persistent pests that exist. Anyone who has ever had to handle a roach infestation can attest to how hard they are to eliminate. They have been around since prehistoric time, and there have been fossils found with their remains from hundreds of millions of years ago. As a species, they have survived an incredible amount, making them particularly hard to exterminate without professional assistance.
Roaches can vary in size and color, but the most common ones are approximately two inches long and some shade of brown. These insects can carry dangerous diseases such as E. Coli and salmonella to your food. They can also cause severe allergic reactions, skin rashes, and digestive problems. Cockroaches are experts at hiding which make them hard to detect unless you know the signs or find them scurrying away in the middle of the night when you turn a light on.
Pest Authority’s Barrier 360 treatment stops cockroaches in their tracks. It does this before they even have a chance to infest your home. This is an assurance from us that we want to keep your home safe from all pests, including cockroaches. No Commitments. No Contracts. No Cockroaches. Guaranteed.
Signs of Cockroach Infestations:
- Food packaging or organic goods like leather or paper are damaged.
- Cockroach exoskeletons found in your home.
- Irregular brown marks on ceilings or walls.
- Cockroach droppings in or around your home; these look like tiny black grains of rice, dust, or coffee grounds.
- An unpleasant, musty odor.
Facts about Cockroaches:
- Cockroaches can survive for about a week without their head.
- They can make a small chirping sound.
- They run extremely fast–about 3 miles per hour.
- Cockroaches can live for a month without food.
- They appear mostly in bathrooms, kitchens, laundry rooms, appliances, cupboards, cabinets, drains, pipe ducts, and cracks in floors and baseboards.
- There are more than 4,000 species of cockroaches in the world.
- They are very good at hiding and climbing.