Bees are the world’s most prolific pollinators and are an essential part of the environment with their important role of helping plants reproduce. One-third of our global food supply relies on bees to survive and continue helping fruit and vegetable plants, trees, and flowers alike bloom. Despite how important they are to the ecosystem, no one wants bees in their home or business. Bees can be a dangerous pest to have with their stingers, especially if you have children or if someone in your home or business has an allergy to bee stings.
Pest Authority of Richmond is here to help if your Richmond, Midlothian, or Glen Allen, Virginia area home or business experiences a bee infestation. Our pest control services can remove bees from your property and create preventative measures to ensure that they never return. If bees do return after or in-between treatments, we’ll send over a technician to reassess your home and retreat for no additional charge. No Contracts. No Commitments. No Bees. Guaranteed.
How to Avoid Bee Stings:
- Don’t dress in bright, vibrantly colored clothing.
- Avoid wearing cologne or perfume outside.
- Wear shoes when going out, especially in vegetated areas.
Facts about Bees:
- There are over 4,000 species of bees in North America, including honey bees and carpenter bees.
- About 20,000 species of bees have been identified worldwide.
- Remove the bee stinger within 15 seconds after the initial sting if you want to lessen the after effects.
- Bees often prefer to build their nests in dark, protected areas.
- If you are stung multiple times, it’s best to seek medical attention even if you don’t have a bee sting allergy. It’s not impossible to experience serious health effects after several bee stings.