Ants are basically synonymous with spring and summer in Virginia. As soon as the weather warms up, ants start coming out of hiding and desperately searching for food. What might start as one or two ants crawling around your cabinet or kitchen floor can turn into a full-blown infestation astonishingly quickly. Because ants are such adaptable pests, they can be extremely hard to control on your own, and you may find that no matter what you do, they just keep coming back.
Ants are one of the most common pest problems in the Gloucester, Virginia area, and luckily, Pest Authority of the Northern Neck offers expert ant control services that will protect your home from ants so that you don’t waste away the nice weather inside trying to get rid of ants.
Our revolutionary Barrier 360 treatment establishes an ant-proof border around the exterior of your home and stops ants from making their way inside. If you do find ants in your home between treatments, simply call, and we’ll reassess and retreat at no additional charge. All of our customers get a 100% satisfaction guarantee, and we won’t stop until your pest problem is solved. Barrier 360 covers most ant species, but fire ants and carpenter ants may require customized treatment.
Barrier 360 is different from your average pest control treatment because, in addition to protecting your home from ants, it also keeps you safe from 12 other pests with the same treatment. We pride ourselves on offering efficient, effective, affordable pest control services that keep your home pest-free.
Pest Authority of the Northern Neck is ready to help you take back your Tappahannock, Virginia, area home from ants with Barrier 360. We proudly serve the Gloucester, Tappahannock, and Dahlgren, Virginia areas. No Contracts. No Commitments. No Ants. Guaranteed.
Ant Prevention Tips:
- Check that your interior and exterior trash cans have tight-fitting lids.
- Keep all your food in tightly sealed plastic or glass containers.
- Create a stone or gravel boundary around your home that will discourage ants from building nests near your foundation or entryways.
- Never leave spills or food debris unaddressed.
- Clear away all crumbs and dirty dishes from counters and sinks after every meal.
- Ants usually build a large central colony and then create satellite colonies close by.
- Ants enter a state of dormancy to survive harsh winters.
- Some ants can lay up to 800 eggs in 24 hours.
- There are over 12,000 species of ants in the world and 1,000 in North America alone.
- Ants can lead their colony to food by leaving a trail of pheromones in their wake.
- Ant colonies have very strict social hierarchies where every ant belongs to a social caste and performs specific duties: worker ants find food, queen ants lay eggs, and swarmers start new colonies.
- Queen ants have been known to live up to 30 years in some cases.