People often say that cockroaches will survive long past any other living thing on the planet, and there’s some basis for that theory. Cockroaches are incredibly adaptable and resilient. They can even survive after losing their head for up to a week. In fact, evidence of cockroaches has been found in fossils that are hundreds of millions of years old, and they haven’t changed much since then.
The most common type of cockroaches in the Tappahannock, Virginia area will be about one to two inches long and brown or reddish brown in color. Cockroaches are extremely adept at hiding, which means you might not even know they’ve invaded your home until you’re dealing with a full-blown infestation. In fact, some people live with cockroaches for months before they happen to turn on a kitchen or bathroom light in the middle of the night only to see roaches scurrying away.
Cockroach infestations aren’t just creepy; they can have serious, adverse health effects. Living with cockroaches can cause digestive problems, allergic reactions, and rashes, not to mention the fact that cockroaches can spread diseases and contaminate food.
Pest Authority of the Northern Neck is proud to help our neighbors in the Gloucester, Virginia area live in cockroach-free homes. We want to help families in our community protect their home from cockroaches so that they never have to deal with an infestation.
Our revolutionary Barrier 360 treatment creates a cockroach-proof border around the exterior of your home or business that prevents cockroaches from getting inside to start an infestation. If any do get inside, we’ll retreat at no additional charge. All you have to do is call. What’s even better is that Barrier 360 protects your home or business from an additional 12 pests all with the same treatment. You’ll be protected from 13 common pests without having to pay for 13 separate treatments.
Pest Authority of the Northern Neck serves the Gloucester, Tappahannock, and Dahlgren, Virginia surrounding areas. No Commitments. No Contracts. No Cockroaches. Guaranteed.
Signs of Cockroach Infestations:
- You find damage to organic goods like paper and leather.
- You notice brown stains and smear marks appearing on your walls and ceilings.
- You start seeing a substance that looks like small piles of coffee grounds around your home – this could be cockroach droppings.
Facts about Cockroaches:
- Cockroaches can survive for a week or more without a head.
- You’ll hear some cockroaches making a small chirping noise similar to that of a cricket.
- Most cockroaches can run extremely fast, with some running at a speed of three miles per hour.
- When they can’t find food, cockroaches can still survive for weeks on end without eating.
- Cockroaches are most often found in bathrooms, kitchens, laundry rooms, appliances, cupboards, cabinets, drains, pipe ducts, and cracks in floors and baseboards.
- Scientists have identified over 4,000 species of cockroach around the world.