Living in a flea-infested home or working in a flea-infested business can be an absolute nightmare. Depending on how allergic you are to flea bites, they can wreak havoc on your body and leave you covered in itchy, swollen bites. We believe that no one should have to accept a flea infestation or try to deal with it on their own. Luckily, Pest Authority of the Northern Neck is here to help our neighbors in Gloucester, Virginia, Tappahannock, Virginia, and the surrounding areas keep their homes flea-free.
Pest Authority developed our revolutionary Barrier 360 treatment to protect homes and businesses from fleas for good. Barrier 360 is applied around the exterior or a building and creates a flea-proof barrier that stops flea infestations before they begin. What’s even better is that Barrier 360 also protects your home or business from 12 other common pests – all with the same simple treatment. It’s a cost-effective way to make sure pests stay away from your property for good.
Pest Authority of the Northern Neck proudly serves the Gloucester, Tappahannock, and Dahlgren, Virginia surrounding areas. No Contracts. No Commitments. No Fleas. Guaranteed.
How Did My Flea Infestation Start?
Most of the time, you’ll be able to trace your flea infestation back to a pet. Fleas find their way onto your animals while they’re outside, and once they’re brought back inside, they breed quickly and spread throughout the entire home. In more rare cases, flea infestations can also begin with a wild animal, like a rodent or raccoon, living under your crawl space or foundation. Pest Authority of the Northern Neck takes a long-term, comprehensive approach to flea control so that you never have to deal with an infestation again.
Tips on Preventing Flea Infestations:
- Get on a regular schedule of washing your bedding and your pets’ bedding. We recommend that you wash everything at least once a week.
- Start taking your pets to the groomer regularly or learn how to groom them at home.
- Talk to your vet about getting your pets on regular, preventative flea treatments ASAP.
- Thoroughly vacuum your home once a week, especially carpets and rugs.
You Might Have Fleas If:
- Pets are scratching more than usual.
- Red, itchy, swollen bites appear on your legs and feet.
- You notice flea feces – also known as “flea dirt” – in your home. Flea dirt will look like small piles of ground black pepper.
Facts about Fleas:
- Fleas need to eat mammal blood to survive and procreate.
- Fleas are most commonly found on dogs, cats, rodents, and rabbits.
- Flea bites and feces can transmit harmful diseases like flea-borne typhus, plague, bartonellosis (cat scratch disease), flea tapeworm, and tungiasis.