When the weather finally gets warm, and spring arrives in Virginia, you know you’re about to see mountains of ants crawling all around your property. When ants find their way inside your home, what starts as a couple of ants crawling around your kitchen floor can turn into a severe infestation in a matter of days or even hours.
Ants are extremely adept at finding sources of food, and they lead the rest of their colony straight to it with an invisible trail of pheromones. Simply eliminating the ants that you see in your home isn’t enough – making sure ant infestations stay gone for good requires expertise and dedication.
Pest Authority of Williamsburg’s revolutionary Barrier 360 treatment creates an ant-proof barrier around the exterior of your home so that ants can’t get inside in the first place. Why is Barrier 360 so revolutionary? It doesn’t just protect you from a single pest like many common pest control treatments do – it stops 13 of the most common pests in the Williamsburg, Virginia area from getting inside your home or business all with the same treatment.
If any ants do get in, all you have to do is call. We’ll send a technician to your property as soon as possible to reassess our techniques and retreat – free of charge. Our 100% satisfaction guarantee means we don’t stop until your pest problems are solved. Our no contracts and no commitments policy means that you can cancel any time, for any reason, and we’ll never lock you into service with an annual contract. While Barrier 360 works for most kinds of ants, fire ants and carpenter ants may require specialized treatment.
Take back your home or business in the Yorktown, Virginia area with the help of Pest Authority of Williamsburg by your side. We’re proud to provide our neighbors in the Williamsburg, Yorktown, and Poquoson, Virginia greater areas with the highest quality pest control services available. No Contracts. No Commitments. No Ants. Guaranteed.
Ant Prevention Tips:
- Keep tight-fitting lids on all your garbage cans, both inside and outside.
- Seal all of your non-refrigerated food in glass or plastic containers.
- Use stone or gravel to make a border around the foundation of your home or business to discourage ant nest building.
- Clean up food and spills immediately after meals.
- Don’t leave dirty dishes in your sink or on your counters.
- Ants often have a central colony with smaller satellite colonies surrounding it.
- When temperatures drop to near freezing and below, ants will enter a state of dormancy in order to survive.
- In just one day, some ants can lay up to 800 eggs.
- There are over 1,000 species of ants in North America and over 12,000 across the globe.
- Ants guide their colony mates to food with a trail of pheromones.
- Ant colonies operate based on a strict social structure where every ant belongs to a specific order and performs certain duties: worker ants find food, queen ants lay eggs, and swarmer’s start new colonies.
- Some queen ants have been known to live up to 30 years.